Prof. Dr. Sir Hari Om Srivastava is an Indian Scientist. He is
President of World Development Foundation (WDF, WDFINDIA), India..He is visiting Professor of several Universities and Colleges. He has published more than 150 research papers in national and international journals and also authored several books. He was bestowed with the honor Knight Hospitaller on 29 Nov. 2017.
Sir Srivastava received following education.
|1||Master of Science in Physics||Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University, India||1967|
|2||Graduation in Electronics & Telecom||Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers, India||1970|
|3||Doctor of Philosophy (Chemistry)||Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University Jaunpur, India||1996|
|4||Master of Philosophy (Information System)||Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani||1997|
|5.||Doctor of Philosophy (Information System)||Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani||1999|
Sir Srivastava is consultant to Gerson Lehrman Group, a New-York based consulting firm which is a platform for professional learning, and connects business people to experts to provide solutions. He is former Additional Director General of All India Radio and Doordarshan. He worked as Commonwealth Expert in 1990 and international Telecommunication Union (ITU) Expert in 1991. Currently he is working through WDF to enrich and empower the life of poor and marginalized people in the world by using the technology of mass media and ICT for training and education of the people in the areas of health, agriculture, education, entertainment. His areas of interest are Information System, Digital storage, Multimedia Broadcasting and Broadcast application for enrichment of life of poor and marginalized. He is keenly associated with expansion of Community Radio Station (CRS) and other means of new media for education and social cause.
Sir srivastava received following honors and awards.
|Sl. No.||Awards & Honors||Authority/Organization||year|
|1||Knights hospitaller (K.St.J)||Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem||2017|
|2||Doctor of Letters (Honoris Causa)||KEISIE International University, South Korea||2017|
|3||Ghazipur Gaurav (Pride of birth place)||2009|
|4||Marquis Who's Who in the World||2001|
|5.||Prof S N Mitra Memorial Award for "outstanding contribution and leadership role in radio broadcast science and technology during the last 10 (ten) years"||Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India)||1999|
|6.||International Who's Who||1998|
|7||Engineering Excellence Award for the years||Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union, Malaysia||
1984,1985, 1986,1987, 1988 1990.
|8||Hoso Bunka Foundation Scholarship||NHK, Japan||1987|
|9||Commonwealth Scholarship||Royal Instititute of Mangement, London||1984|
- Roadmap of Broadcasting in India,(1997), IETE TECHNICAL REVIEW. 14 (4/5): 283–290.
- Communication in the Next Millennium, Police Communications,(January 2000).India: Business Inn
- BROADCASTING TO NETCASTING, (1998), IETE TECHNICAL REVIEW. 15 (6): 467–469.
- Broadcasting in 2020: A Prediction, (2003). IETE TECHNICAL REVIEW. 20 (4): 369–375.
- Broadcasting in the cyberspace, (1996).IEEE transactions on consumer electronics. 42 (4): 9070913.
- Changing Face of Radio, (2002). Electronics information & planning. 29 (10/11): 368–371.
- FM Radio: Focus shifts to spectrum planning, exchange4media.com. Sep 4, 2004.
- India set to become the 'biggest radio market' in the world, Deutsche Welle News. Oct 21, 2011.
- Mapping Digital Media: India
- Interactive TV Technology and Markets, Interactive TV Technology and Markets, Norwood MA 02062: Artech House Inc. p. 395. ISBN 1-58053-321-3
- Broadcast Technology:A Review, Gyan Publishing House, New Delhi,. p. 329. ISBN 9788121207003.
- Prasaran Takniki, Kal, Aaj aur Kal, a book written in Hindi, New Delhi: BPB Publications. ISBN 978-81-7656-841-8.
- On-line broadcast archives for interactive video, Broadcasting, IEEE Transactions on. 43 (3): 288–308. doi:10.1109/11.632930 
- Maintenance Strategies for Broadcast Organisations, Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (135): 3–12
- History of Radio Broadcasting in India 
- Expert System for Equipment Specific Information System (ESIS),(April 1996), International Telecommunication Union, HRDQ. 63: 33–34.
- A System Approach to Replacements in A.I.R, (10 July 1985). Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (99): 3–10
- Simulation of Nickel using DMSO/ Amide baths, (October 1995). Electrochemical Society of India. 4. 44: 157–161.